Normal Help Desk Hours
Monday - Friday | 8:00am to 6:00pm
UCCS OIT Twitter Feed
Computer Lab Software
Computer Lab Software
The IT Department partners with other campus departments to offer a variety of Software Applications and Tools for Students, Staff, and Faculty. These applications are available on all IT operated Lab computers.
- Available on IT Lab computers throughout campus
- Access to Student, Staff, and Faculty resources
- Includes Paw Prints services
Users do not need to own a computer or purchase Software to use these campus resources. Many of the applications are required by certain courses and/or instructors. Some applications are available for users to run on their own free-of-charge.
Who May Use This Service?
All current Students, Staff, and Faculty.
How Do I Get Started?
Visit any of the open computer labs operated by the IT department and loin to the Lab computer of your choice. Applications are listed on the Desktop and in the Menus.
What Is Included With This Service?
The current Software available on the IT Lab computers is listed below. If you would like to request new Software for your class or coursework, please complete the 'Computer Labs Software Request' form by clicking the following link: UCCS Self-Service Portal.
How Much Does This Service Cost?
IT Lab Software is provided in-part with Student Technology Fees.
How Do I Get Training For This Service?
All users can contact an IT Lab advisor or a technician at the IT Help Desk for assistance on using the IT Lab Software. Faculty can visit the FRC (Faculty Resource Center) for assistance on using Applications in a classroom/ instructional setting.
How do I Request Other Software be Installed on Lab Machines?
Other software can be installed on lab computers by filling out the Computer Lab Software Request form located here: Cherwell Self Service Portal
Software requests must be submitted by July 1st for Fall Semester, and December 1st for Spring Semester. Requests submitted after these dates will only be considered under special circumstances.
- Click on Cherwell Self Service Portal
- Click on "Computer Lab Software Request Form" located in the "Computer Labs" portion.
- Sign in using your UCCS username and password.
- Read all of the information at the top of the page (also located below) listing the requirements and guidelines for software to be installed on Lab Computers.
- Fill out all of the information requested in the form. The more details that are provided, the better. If information is missing, it can delay the approval process.
- Press "Save" at the top of the screen.
Once the request has been submitted, it goes to our Lab Administrators team for analysis, testing, then installation if approved. You will be notified if the request was approved, rejected, or if we require additional information to process the request.
The IT Department receives many requests to add software applications to our computers and classrooms. In most cases these requests can be accommodated, but due to the limited number of resources and heavy demand, careful steps must be taken to avoid any disruptions or conflicts. Please refer to the following guidelines when submitting a request for specialized software in the labs and classrooms:
- Software requests can only be submitted by University departments, faculty members, or other campus members with a valid UCCS user account. Any person submitting a request will be designated as the Sponsor for that software.
- Software requests must be submitted using the IT Help Desk Cherwell Self Service Portal at https://ithelp.uccs.edu/CherwellPortal/IT by completing the Computer Labs Software Request form.
- Software requests must be submitted by July 1st for Fall Semester and December 1st for Spring Semester. Requests submitted after these dates will only be considered under special circumstances.
- Sponsors are responsible for providing the correct software media, web URL's, support documentation, and licensing information to the IT Department when submitting a software request.
- The requested software must be able to run on the computer hardware and operating systems available in the labs, and must be supported under those constraints by the software publisher.
- Any software requiring a license must utilize a campus site license or concurrent-usage license model for multiple clients. For software with licensing server options, any additional required resources must be provided by the Sponsor. License compliance will be verified before the software is approved and installed.
- The IT Department reserves the right to refuse the installation of any software that uses problematic copy protection methods, requires changes to security or firewall settings, or causes any disruptive changes to the existing lab image.
- Campus IT Lab Images are updated once per semester and any software determined to be obsolete or without a license or sponsor may be removed. It is the sponsor's responsibility to maintain an active license or support contact for their software and any version changes or updates must be submitted by the software request deadlines.
The IT Department cannot always guarantee the full functionality of your software after installation and testing. It is the responsibility of the Sponsor to test and verify their software works as expected prior to its use.
Windows 10 Enterprise Image v9.00 - Fall 2020
Updated September 30, 2020
Windows Applications and Features
Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit All OIT Labs & Podium Computers App-V Client Microsoft .NET Framework Microsoft Edge Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 Microsoft Remote Sever Administration Tools for Windows 10 x64 Microsoft Store Apps including Calculator, Maps, Paint, Sticky Notes, and Sandbox Microsoft Windows Media Player SCCM Client Windows Defender Security Center Windows Photo Viewer Microsoft Office 365 Apps (Office) Microsoft Teams Microsoft Office Project and Visio 2016 College of Business Labs
7-Zip 19.00 All OIT Labs & Podium Computers AMD Radeon Software and Drivers - Adrenalin 19.3.3 - OptiPlex 7450 ONLY Equitrac Express Client x64 v5.7 - (For Paw Prints) Japanese Dictionaries (for Windows 10) Java 8u221 Notepad++ 7.5.5 WinRAR 5.50 Epson V600 Scanner Software + ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Scanner Connected Computers
Read&Write extension for Chrome All OIT Labs & Podium Computers Read&Write Enterprise 12.0.55 JAWS 18 Upon Request ZoomText 11.3
Bomgar Jump Client All OIT Podium Computers Epson Easy Interactive Tools v4.22 iClicker Cloud 5.0.6 Panopto Recorder 7.1 Samsung Digital Presenter Driver and Software (for SDP-850DX)
Google Chrome All OIT Labs & Podium Computers FileZilla FTP Client 3.35.1 Mozilla Firefox PuTTY 0.72 Cisco WebEx Browser Extension for Chrome Respondus LockDown Browser Lab edition (v2-0-6-08)
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 20 All OIT Labs & Podium Computers Adobe Flash Player 32 NPAPI Adobe Flash Player 32 PPAPI Adobe CC Select Computers
Apple iTunes 220.127.116.11 All OIT Labs & Podium Computers VideoLan VLC Player 18.104.22.168 GIMP 2.10.6 Audacity 2.2.2 Media Player Classic - Home Cinema x64
PerkinElmer ChemOffice Pro 18.2 All OIT Labs & Podium Computers Spartan '18 v1.4.0
VMware Client Integration Browser Plug-in (5.6.0) All OIT Labs & Podium Computers NoMachine Enteprise Client 5.2 Ltspice XVII - (Linear Technology) [July 28, 2017 release] Dev-C++ 5.11 OIT Open Labs NetBeans 8.2 with Java SE (JDK) Vmware Horizon Client 4.5
Microsoft ODBC Driver 13.1 for SQL Server All OIT Labs Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.7 (with extensions) ESRI ArcGIS Pro 2.4 (with extensions) Google Earth Pro 7.3 IDRISI TerrSet 18.31 Inkscape 0.92 Aptana Studio 3.6.1 Geography Lab Node.js (for Aptana Studio) ESRI ArcGIS Earth 1.9 FragStats 4.2 GeoDa 1.14 Gephi 0.9.2 Java SDK 8u181 (Software Development Kit) QGIS 3.4.10 SkyLineSoft TerraExplorer Plug-In 6.6.1 SkyLineSoft TerraExplorer Viewer 6.6.1 Processing 3.3.5 Trimble SketchUp Make 2017 Geography Lab and OIT Open Labs
MathWorks MatLab R2018a All OIT Labs Mathematica 12.0.0 Mathematical Visualization Toolkit 5.0.1 ALEKS Plug-in (3.18) LaTex Package (TeXnicCenter 2.02, MikTeX 2.9.5105, GSView 5.0, Ghostscript 9.15) Math Center Only
G*Power 22.214.171.124 All OIT Labs JASP 0.9.2.0 IBM SPSS Statistics 26 IBM SPSS Amos 26 Optimal Design Plus 3.01 R Package - R-3.6.3-Win R Package - Rstudio Desktop 1.2.5033 Tableau Desktop 2019.2 HLM 7.03 COH 231A Only StataSE 16 - (For COH230 & 231A) COH 230 & 231A
Microsoft PowerBI Desktop 2.83 College of Business and OIT Open Labs Excel Plugins & Modules 3 All OIT Labs
Scribus 1.4.8 All OIT Labs MadCap Flare 2019 R2 CENT 254
The Food Processor v11 OIT Open Labs
Apple iMac Software
- OS X 10.12.x Sierra updated weekly
- Microsoft Office 2016 (Includes Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote)
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Adobe Reader DC (latest version)
- iTunes and Quicktime updated weekly
- DVD Player
- iLife (includes iDVD, iMovie, iPhoto, iWeb, and Garageband)
- Final Cut Pro X
- Komplete 11
- Audacity 2.2.1
- Pro Tools 12
- FM8 1.0.4
- MaxMSP 6.x
- Sibelius 7
- AudioScore Lite
- PhotoScore Lite
- Flip Player
- DaVinci Resolve Lite
- Logic Pro X
- Google Chrome
- HP Scanner
- Labanwriter 4.7
- Google Earth
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Microsoft Remote Desktop client
- Silverlight plugin
- Blackboard Collaborate client
- R Package (R 3.4.3 + RStudio Desktop 1.1.383)
- Xcode 9.2
- Android Studio
- Eclipse - php and ADT
- Raven Lite
- i3 Processing